Saturday 24 May 2008

Another letter.

Another letter landed today, this one to inform me what time to turn up for my operation.

The time I need to be there is dependent on where I am on the list. When I had my eye done I was late on the list so I had to hang around the house until lunchtime which wasn't pleasant and I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go through a repeat of that.

Reading the letter it appears unlikely, the letter states that I have to be there at 7.45am, the day surgery centre opens at 7.30am so fingers crossed I am very early on the list and aren't left sitting around waiting to go down for surgery.

The letter stated that I am to stop eating at midnight and no fluids from 6am, same instructions as I had for my eye. I remember on that occasion drinking a litre of juice and immediately regretting it my stomach was agony.

All that is left to do now is to ring them to tell them I will be there.

As an after note they also inform me I will not be able to drive following surgery. That's stating the bleeding obvious!

No comments: