Tuesday 6 May 2008

Better day

Thanks first of all Suzie for your message much appreciated.

I have had a better day today, pain still there but in a better mind frame to deal with it.

This morning I picked myself up, dusted myself off and started a new day and I have to say its been a pretty good day.

After work I came home and as the sun was shining, I set up the guinea pigs outdoor run and put Sparky and Harry in it, at first they skulked through the grass like they were on some sort of Royal Marine commandos exercise then they grew bolder, chilled out and started stuffing their faces with grass and dandelions. They both loved it, I get so much pleasure (and amusement) out of watching my boys enjoy themselves, particularly Harry who was the victim of pretty horrendous neglect and is still getting use to the idea that life can be fun and humans trusted. Mind I did notice today, he's in major need of a hair cut and bath.

Unfortunately Tommy missed out on all the fun and each time I popped into the house I noticed him at the front of the cage on his hind legs, nose through the bars crying pitifully, like a little boy that been grounded and can only watch his mates enjoy themselves through the bedroom window. Unfortunately that's what it pretty much amounts to, he's such a thug with other piggies I can not trust him not to take the opportunity to kick everybodies head in when he's in the company of other piggies. However, his time will come.

Then it was onto to attend no. 3 in the Just 10 mission series, amazing! I really enjoyed it there was about 8000 people attending in a very, very large tent. It served as timely reminder that in through difficult times God is holding us in His hands even if we are not fully aware of the fact.

No comments: