Thursday 22 May 2008

Officialy freaked out II

Thanks Suzie I needed that, I have calmed down a little and feeling less freaked out now.


As I said in my earlier post I discovered yesterday that the planned op on my shoulder is going to be bigger than first planned, as well as removing my AC joint for the arthritis that I already know I have I also need to have a decompression operation as well, obviously the x rays I had on the 8th of April have shown evidence of impingement syndrome. The details of both procedures and impingement syndrome can be found in this post.

They are also going to have a good look around my shoulder and carry out a diagnosis arthroscopic diagnostic procedure to make sure there is nothing else that needs surgical intervention, if there is they will carry out that as well at the same time.

There is still real hope to get me home that same day though so hopefully no over night stay.

Reality is sinking in now, I am going to need a lot of support in the weeks after my op. The physios have said even the most basic tasks such as hoovering will be out of the question for the first 6 weeks.

I mentioned tonight to my friend "how the heck am I going to manage?" his response was "don't worry the church is ready" it seems that people in my church are already planning ways in which they can help me through those first few weeks.

Its lovely of them but, I am fiercely independent, to much so sometimes and I hate accepting help, its not because of pride I just find it so hard to accept help because through much of my childhood I had to cope on my own because my parents were often too busy with leading their own lives to support their
children (my grandparents were wonderful though) and now when I need help and the help is there I find it hard to accept the help that I need.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI Wanda,

I know Im a few hundred miles away, but I am always on the end of the phone or e-mail if you ever need a chat. take care Pete