Monday 19 May 2008

Guinea pigs moving house!

When I got Tommy as a baby he was very unhappy on his own so I placed a post on a guinea pig forum, a rescue contacted me and Sparky came into my life.

And so he moved in with Tommy and they got on like a house on fire.

Then Sweep came into my life a four year old hair ball who had been pretty horrendously neglected, sadly three weeks later he succumbed to kidney disease and I was forced to make that horrendous decision to have him put to sleep. The vet said he was probually more loved in the last three weeks than he had been in the past four years.

Somehow a few weeks later Prince Harry came into my life, another needy rescue. The rescue that Sparky and Sweep came from had Harry and they offered me him as "replacement" for Sweep. I was unsure but I was talked into it and I have never, ever regretted it. But, he has always lived on his own.

Until now.

Sparky and Tommy was getting on nicely until four months ago, when Tommy took it upon himself to start beating Sparky up and they had to be separated. Leaving all three on their own.

I have tried several times to bond Sparky with Harry. Sparky took to Harry like a duck to water, Harry wasn't so sure and got annoyed quite quickly at having his space invaded and quickly made it obvious that he should go back to his own gaff.

Last Wednesday I put Sparky in with Harry and this time he accepted him and Sparky has moved in. Sparky is delighted! And Harry is pretty pleased too.

The only problem is that Sparky has no fear and keeps leaping out of the front door of his cage when it left open and its two foot up! He also scared the pants of the vet today by jumping off the table, poor lads got a touch of conjunctivitis and needs some eye drops. Believe you and me putting eye drops in a guinea pigs eyes is less than easy!

Sparky is the short haired one and the ginger long haired chap!




No comments: